Did you watch my last video, “The 4 Keys To Success”? If you didn’t, you definitely missed a handful of tricks.
Before I show you the tricks you missed, here is, in a nutshell, what I did:
I recorded “The 4 Keys To Success” in five parts, primarily to avoid having to re-record the entire video when (not if) I made a mistake. With five videos on my hands, I decided rather than uploading the complete version to Youtube, to upload it in five instalments.
Next, I published my blog post with the complete video on the 11th of July. After that, I started posting the five instalments via Tubemogul one per day. I did not do any promotion of the instalments. I simply did all the posting stuff correctly.
Did you get all the tricks? I’ll spell them out in a moment, but first, here is what happened:
Yes, within one week of launching and without any promotion, my video is in position no. 3 on page 1 of Google for the exact search term (competition: 144,000 web pages), already at the top of page 2 (competition: 3.17 million web pages) for the broad search term, and all five videos are on page 1 of Youtube for the broad search term.
Here is the recipe:
- Split your video into convenient, self contained chunks.
- Don’t forget to add your introduction and call to action to every chunk.
- Publish the complete video on your blog first.
- Next, use Tubemogul to upload your video to a number of video sharing sites all at once.
- Upload one part per day.
- Follow the video marketing rules: Filename (= keyword), Title (= keyword), Description: clickable link first (= keyword) then enter your keywords in the description.
- You’re done. Sit back and enjoy.
There you have my bag of tricks. In particular, I did not promote a single video of the series anywhere. Yes, I emailed my list and told them about the complete video on my blog, and I left links to my blog post in forums and on other blogs. But I did not do anything further for the 5 part series.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention. With all the video uploads, I am growing my list faster than ever before even though I don’t have a list attached to these videos. Cool? Very cool!
Any questions, comments? Fire away, I’d love to hear from you.